Since my pleurodesis 8 yrs ago i still get chest pain occasionally when i inhale. Are my lungs partially collapsing? Will it likely get worse?

Dr. David Brouwer

In brief: Pleurisy

Chest pain while taking a deep breath can be due to pleurisy, which is inflammation of the lining of the chest cavity.
If you have previously had pleurodesis, the pain you are feeling may be from localized scarring of the pleura and is likely not a concern. However, if you had pleurodesis to treat a collapsed lung or pneumothorax then you should see your doctor to get a chest x-ray.

In brief: Pleurisy

Dr. David Brouwer
Dr. David Brouwer
Dr. Venkata Chilakapati
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: Pleurodesis

People do complain chest pain occasionally after pleurodesis.
It is difficult to predict how it progress. Yes! in some people it could be worse in later part.

In brief: Pleurodesis

Dr. Venkata Chilakapati
Dr. Venkata Chilakapati
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology