If I am taking a calcium channel blocker, should I not be taking a calcium supplement? I am 52, concerned about bone health. Other med for arrythmia.

Dr. Videh Mahajan

In brief: Ca channel blockers

There is no such contraindication.

In brief: Ca channel blockers

There is no such contraindication.
Dr. Videh Mahajan
Dr. Videh Mahajan
Dr. John Goldman
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: No take calcium

A calcium channel blocker blocks the way calcium receptors interact with calcium in the circualtion.
It does not interfer with bone health. You body will maintain the level of calcium in your circulation and if you are not taking the calcium in your diet and with supplements if necessary you body will remove calcium from your bone to maintain the level. Calcium channel blockers ok for bone.

In brief: No take calcium

Dr. John Goldman
Dr. John Goldman
Dr. Adam Smith