How can I tell if I have diabetes?

Onset of diabetes. Your doctor can test you. Symptoms you may have include: excessive thirst, frequent urination, fatigue, blurred vision, erectile dysfunction, pain or numbness in feet or hands.
Get a complete exam . Diabetes can be without symptoms for some time until they begin to appear. If you have a family history of diabetes and/or have symptoms of getting up at night multiple times to urinate, leg pains, blurring vision, etc. Or are simply worried about having the disease, a complete exam, explaining to your physician what you are worried about, along with specific lab, can diagnose the disease.