I haven't had a period in 10 months but I started bleeding today after sex. Should I wait it out or call pcp?

Dr. Reid Blackwelder

In brief: Likely can wait

When someone is perimenopausal, which i would assume with your period slowing down, it is common to have irregular bleeding.
Several months can go by and then have more bleeding. Once an entire year has passed, one is menopausal. Then bleeding must always be assesses. If you have no other symptoms such as pain, or increasing bleeding, you may wait. If no eval for years, though see someone to check.

In brief: Likely can wait

Dr. Reid Blackwelder
Dr. Reid Blackwelder
Dr. Quang Nguyen
If you're only 22, then your period should not be slowing down. It's not normal at your age to not have a period for 10 months. It's worth it to see your doctor to talk about this.
Dr. Nadini Verma
Gynecology

In brief: Not an emergency

If the bleeding is not heavy and there is no pain , you can wait and schedule an exam with your gyn.

In brief: Not an emergency

Dr. Nadini Verma
Dr. Nadini Verma
Dr. Adam Levy