Worried about puncture wound?

Dr. Kenneth Cheng

In brief: See your doctor!

Puncture wounds can get infected, as well as cause tetanus if one is not up to date with this vaccination.
See your doctor for any puncture wound.

In brief: See your doctor!

See your doctor for any puncture wound.
Dr. Kenneth Cheng
Dr. Kenneth Cheng
Dr. Payam Rafat
Podiatry

In brief: Get it looked at.

A puncture wound is caused by an object piercing the skin and creating a small hole such as from stepping on a nail.
Such injuries can potentially be dangerous as one may develop tetanus, or a number of other types of deep infections. Wounds resulting from human or animal bites may be especially prone to infection. If the bite was deep enough to draw blood, seek medical attention.

In brief: Get it looked at.

Dr. Payam Rafat
Dr. Payam Rafat

In brief: PUNCTURE WOUND

About 10% of people develop complications from puncture wounds.
I usually take x-rays; even non-leaded glass can show up on x-ray. If it's hot, red, swollen, w/ .drainage, I would use antibiotics. Sometimes, I have to take you to surgery, to really clean it up. Tetanus has to be up to date. Most heal uneventfully; diabetes, however, can complicate the picture.

In brief: PUNCTURE WOUND

Dr. Darrell Latva
Dr. Darrell Latva