My doctor recomended me humira (adalimumab) for RA. What is it and what's its benefits and side effects? Thank u

Anti-TNF biologic. Humira (adalimumab) is one of five drugs that block a pro-inflammatory protein called tnf that are elevated in diseases like ra, psoriatic arthritis, and spondylitis. Anti-tnf agents are very effective. They are often given with methotrexate. Humira (adalimumab) has a variety of possible side effects but most patients do extremely well. Serious side effects are uncommon.
See details. Humira (adalimumab) is a biologic drug and works as a tnf antagonist. It is very effective in controlling the inflammation of RA and reducing the risk of joint damage. The major risk is infection with other risks including reduced blood counts, liver inflammation, neurologic disorders and lymphoma. All of these are rare and the benefits are far greater than the risks.