My hida scan had a 1st ejection rate of 12% with 1.2mcg of cck, then they ran it again at 2.4mcg and the 2nd was 46%. Which is the correct reading?

Dr. Gerald Mandell
Nuclear Medicine

In brief: Depends on weight

Underdosed on first exam 1.
2 mcg of CCK administered for 60 kg patient ( about 132 lbs), second dose for 120 kg (264 lb patient. Normal dose is .02 mcg/kg. Should be admnistered very slowly intravenously.

In brief: Depends on weight

Underdosed on first exam 1.
Dr. Gerald Mandell
Dr. Gerald Mandell
Dr. Brian Wosnitzer
Nuclear Medicine

In brief: It's complicated...

Cck is usually given as a standard weight based dose per kg of body weight.
I am not clear on why two different doses were used. In addition, the time length of the cck infusion can affect the gbef. Were both studies done over the same length of time?

In brief: It's complicated...

Dr. Brian Wosnitzer
Dr. Brian Wosnitzer
Dr. Guido Davidzon
Nuclear Medicine

In brief: Weight and time

What is your weight? Sincalide (cck) should be given with an infusion dose of 0.
02 mcg/kg. So for an average adult (70 kg), 1.2 mcg is the correct dose. Also, ef varies depending at what time point is measured. Ideally it should be at 60 min post infusion of cck.

In brief: Weight and time

Dr. Guido Davidzon
Dr. Guido Davidzon
Dr. Arnon Rubin