Do I need a trainer if prior broken bone while running.?

Dr. Robert Purchase
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: No

I suggest that you can get back into running by paying attention to your diet and to how fast you ramp up the intensity and volume.
A diet with appropriate calories, protein, and vitamins/minerals (particularly vit. D and calcium) is vital. Regarding intensity and volume, start slowly and increase slowly. You should not add more than 10% of weekly mileage per week. Make sure to rest. Crosstrain.

In brief: No

Dr. Robert Purchase
Dr. Robert Purchase
Dr. Jeffrey Sider
it sounds like you may have had a stress fracture. Once it heals it is unlikely to recur. You might want to evaluate possible abnormalities with your feet, gait, or shoe problems that could be factors
Dr. Jeffrey Sider
Sports Medicine

In brief: No trainer

You do not need a trainer just because you had a previous fracture i assume you have fully healed and your motion and strength are fairly normal.
If that is so i would suggest twenty minutes every other day as a starting point. If you don't have fairly normal motion and strength s/p your fracture, then you probably need therapy.

In brief: No trainer

Dr. Jeffrey Sider
Dr. Jeffrey Sider
Dr. Crystal Twynham
Board Certified, Surgery