Legs and arms tingling--are they sleep?

No. The only organ in the body that really sleeps is the brain. "My arm is asleep" is just an expression referring to the pins-and-needles sensation that one sometimes has, usually as a result of the limb being in an awkward position. If the tingling is frequent or constant, it could be a sign of problems with the nerves in your legs or arms. If this is the case, you should see your doctor.
No. Pins and needles are evidence of an affected nervous system. By far and away the commonest cause is bad diet, particularly all the sugary "junk".