My hida scan had a first ejection rate of 12% then they doubled the cck dose and ran it again and the second was 46%. Which is the "correct" reading?

Dr. Jerry Froelich
Nuclear Medicine

In brief: What is the Correct?

Odd exam. There is a shortage of cck, did they use a lower then normal dose the first time.
The gb ef is not normally dose dependent if used appropriately. I believe that the 45% gbef is probably the correct measure.

In brief: What is the Correct?

Dr. Jerry Froelich
Dr. Jerry Froelich
Dr. Gerald Mandell
Nuclear Medicine

In brief: Unsure technique

Usually standard dose of cck for gall bladder ejection determination intravenous injection of 0.
02 mg/kg over 30–60. Maybe original dosing was not properly calculated. Normal ejection fraction in adult is usally above 35%.From information do not know dose injected.

In brief: Unsure technique

Dr. Gerald Mandell
Dr. Gerald Mandell
Dr. Marsha Davis