Iud surgical removal failed, anyone try it with ultrasound?

Dr. Christopher Powers

In brief: Don't understand

When you say surgical, what do you mean? With a simple office hysteroscopy, it is very easy to remove an iud whose strings are otherwise inaccessible.
Of course, that assumes there is an iud in place. The ultrasound would help you determine that in advance of the hysteroscopy.

In brief: Don't understand

Dr. Christopher Powers
Dr. Christopher Powers
Dr. Miguel Cano

In brief: Agree with Dr Powers

If it's intra-uterine, no biggie, you can find it with hysteroscopy & remove it easily.
Sometimes, an iud can be in the abdomen and these can be difficult to find. If I have trouble laparoscopically, i usually do a x-ray to try & locate the position before i explore with the scope. I've found them hidden in omentum, under the liver, and even tangled in bowel. I hope this covers your question.

In brief: Agree with Dr Powers

Dr. Miguel Cano
Dr. Miguel Cano
Dr. Ronald De la Pena

Sono or maybe better hysteroscopy are alternatives.

Dr. Ronald De la Pena
Dr. Ronald De la Pena
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham