I have HPV and warts. I am going in for a colosopy due to abnormal cells on pap. Could I have cancer?

Dr. Dennis Higginbotham

In brief: Yes, but

While it is possible, it is not very likely.
The most important thing for you is to do your followup, then if your do develop a problem it will be caught early and very likely cured.

In brief: Yes, but

Dr. Dennis Higginbotham
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham
Dr. Steven Hebert
Pathology

In brief: Not likely

Hpv infection can lead to dypslasia of the cervix which can lead to cervical carcinoma.
A pap smear is used to detect atypical cells. The vast majority of cases are treated with a simple biopsy. Although rare cervical cancer still does occur. Pap screening has significantly reduced the number but proper follow up with your doctor is needed.

In brief: Not likely

Dr. Steven Hebert
Dr. Steven Hebert