Can you have heart valve problems, if the doctor can not hear the sounds when listening to the heart. I'm having a echo done for symptoms related to?

Possibly. Heart sounds are created by the opening and closing of heart valve with resultant blood flow. These are often called clicks or murmurs. Depending on the severity of any valve problem, your docotor may or may not detect any abnormalities. A heart echo with doppler study can evaluate valve function. All valves do leak a litttle, that is a normal finding on echo/doppler studies.