Is this a skin cancer if red raised smooth?

Hard to know. It could be, but there is no way to know in this forum. If it is enlarging with time, ulcerating, bleeding, etc that would be more concerning. Either way, get it checked out by your pcp or dermatologist.
Need examination. It's impossible to diagnose skin cancer without examination. Skin cancer can present as various forms even if it's flat and red. There are different types of cancer such as squamous cell, basal cell, melanoma and rarely skin appendages cancer. You need to have you doctor examine you to be sure.
Skin lesion. It's not possible to give you an answer with 100% certainty. Basal cell carcinoma can appear as you describe. However, there are several skin lesions that can look like what you describe. Having the lesion examined by a dermatologist would be your best option.