Is there anything you can do for flat feet in dancer?

Dr. Mark Bromson
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Usually not
Flat feet may be a problem in ballet, as a foot with a good arch is considered desirable for going on point.
Having said that, many professional ballerinas have managed to have fine careers even with flat feet. If a flat foot prevents someone from being a ballerina, then i usually advise them to pick another form of dance.. I do not advise surgery solely to allow someone to dance.

In brief: Usually not
Dr. Mark Bromson
Dr. Mark Bromson
Dr. Vinod Panchbhavi
Orthopedic Surgery - Foot & Ankle
In brief: Flat feet
Treatment or intervention is only required if the flat feet are actually interfering with day to day activities including dance.
If not flat feet do not need anything done especially if one is born that way.

In brief: Flat feet
Dr. Vinod Panchbhavi
Dr. Vinod Panchbhavi
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine