Is there any treatment found for muscular dystrophy ?

Dr. Kathryn Mosher
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine

In brief: Yes and no

Depending on the type there are some treatments to slow the progression, but htere are currently no cures.
If you are passionate about this issue please consider supporting the mda who are instrumental in funding a lot of promising research!

In brief: Yes and no

Dr. Kathryn Mosher
Dr. Kathryn Mosher
Dr. Allen Seely
General Practice

In brief: NO CURE, yet

I know--that's upsetting! (my uncle has a rare form of it now) there is no cure for the various muscular dystrophies.
The goal of treatment is to control symptoms. Physical therapy may help. Orthopedic appliances such as braces and wheelchairs can improve mobility. In some cases, surgery on the spine or legs may help improve function. Oral corticosteroids are used. A good neurologist is best.

In brief: NO CURE, yet

Dr. Allen Seely
Dr. Allen Seely
Dr. Eric Weisman