I have testicular cancer, which now is just germ cell tumor contained to my lungs. How damaging is smoking to the germ cell tumor? The tumor is 2.5cm then there are 15 tiny ones spread throughout.

Dr. Casey Ng
Urology

In brief: Hmmmm...

Smoking is unlikely to damage the tumor cells and is probably not going to help you recover from testicular cancer.
Furthermore, it will worsen your lung function. This is especially important because one of the drugs used in your chemotherapy also affect the lungs.

In brief: Hmmmm...

Dr. Casey Ng
Dr. Casey Ng
Dr. Carlos Encarnacion
Very true. Yours is one of the few cancers that can be cured even after they have spread. Don't blow your chances man...no pun intended, I'm being serious.
Dr. Vamsidhar Velcheti
Internal Medicine - Oncology

In brief: No

Smoking does not necessarily affect the tumor growth of the germ cell tumors; however may interact with treatments and also the tumor markers that your doctors will have to monitor during treatments; besides all the other "badness" associated with smoking; i strongly recommend quitting smoking;.

In brief: No

Dr. Vamsidhar Velcheti
Dr. Vamsidhar Velcheti
Dr. James Krick
Urology

In brief: testiicular cancer

As a rule, smoking is a serious health risk.
If you are battling metastatic testiicular cancer to the lung, why would you continue to smoke?

In brief: testiicular cancer

Dr. James Krick
Dr. James Krick
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology