Is there a skin reaction similar to psoriasis?

Yes. Psoriasis is a papulosquamous skin rash. There are other rashes that may look similar and a dermatologist can help in the differential diagnosis. To clarify the different rashes the person will need an examination and sometimes a biopsy. This can help differentiate oen rash form another.
Yes. Certainly so. There are several conditions that can cause what is termed a "psoriasiform" eruption. A dermatologist will be able to help determine what is going on.