Should a large seroma from dbl lap hernia surgery be gone after 6 months?

Dr. Barry Rosen
Surgery

In brief: Usually

A seroma is a fluid collection that forms in body spaces, such as where a hernia bulge was present before surgery; the larger the hernia, the higher the probability of a seroma forming.
This is typically reabsorbed within weeks after surgery, although underlying mesh may slow this down. Rarely, it persists for months and may require aspiration. I advise you to return to see your surgeon.

In brief: Usually

Dr. Emil Shakov
Aesthetic Medicine

In brief: Yes/No

Seromas can persist.
I am guessing you had inguinal hernia surgery? You should rule out a recurrent hernia first, see your surgeon. Unfortunately, the problem with laparoscopic inguinal hernias is the seromas. It usually goes away at 6 weeks.

In brief: Yes/No

Seromas can persist.
Dr. Buck Parker
Board Certified, Surgery