My mom's cholesterol is 229.5 and LDL 151.9. The pa. Prescribed livalo (pitavastatin). Also her GGT is 29.5 any concern from this med or these numbers? Thank you

See below. Livalo (pitavastatin) is a statin drug that was said to have less muscle aches or cramps compared to oder statin drugs, that being said , it is a goodmedication to lower the LDL and total chol. Ffup.Of liver function test is needed to make sure they are not affected by the med. Med needs to be paired up with diet and exercise to achieve desired LDL goal. Your mom's numbers are not alarming but definitely need tx.