I have herpes and currently take 500 mg Valtrex (valacyclovir) once a day. I shaved my pubic area and I have red bumps. Is it an ob or folliculitus? How can I tell?

Exam. It's probably folliculitis if the bumps are red and are where you shave. Try waxing to avoid this. Do you remember what your last outbreak looked and felt like? It should be painful and some people have prodromal symptoms such as tingling before lesions show up. You can have your doctor take a look if you're not sure. Take care.