Why do hematology oncology doctors need a cbc?

It is a blood test. Hematology is the study diagnosis and treatment of blood diseases. A CBC is a complete blood count and gives the hematologist a lot of information about your blood and bone marrow.
Very important . The CBC (complete blood count ) gives us lots of information regarding red and white cells as well as platelet count. It's our main test to differentiate different blood disorders as well as monitor for improvement after treatment. Also certain medications can cause the blood counts to become abnormal so we monitor them.