Why are there white dots on my sunburn?

Dr. Kenny Chuu

In brief: Visual DX

Hi, it’s hard to say without a picture but there is a great app that may be able to help you get a diagnosis without being seen in person by a dermatologist.
The app is called VisualDX and is one of the best, if not the best out there. Many clinicians, including myself, use it. Just snap a photo and it gives you a list of possible diagnoses. Good luck!

In brief: Visual DX

Dr. Kenny Chuu
Dr. Kenny Chuu
Dr. Michael Miller
Wound care

In brief: Changes in the cells

As injured skin heals, the body creates inflammation which means fresh blood goes to the area and with it, many kinds of healing factors and cells.
One type is called melanocytes which carry our skin pigment melanin. A healing occurs, these cells may or may not return to the area and give it the brownish or lack of coloration you see. There might be some changes as the injury matures.

In brief: Changes in the cells

Dr. Michael Miller
Dr. Michael Miller