If not due to a brain tumor, what are causes of seizure disorders?

Causes of epilepsy. Epilepsy has many causes. Illness, brain damage (stroke) & abnormal brain development lead to seizure disorders. Simplistically, brain wiring is abnormal with an imbalance of neurotransmitters exits. Genetic factors may have an impact. Alcoholism, alzheimer's, heart attacks, infectious diseases, & develpomental/metabolic disordrs. Head injuries/poisoning too.
Many. Systemic disorders such as toxins, electrolyte disturbances, infection can lead to seizure. Stroke, infection, trauma can also lead to seizure, in addition to primary seizure disorders. If you are suffering from seizures it would be best to see a physician to sort it out.