I'm so embarrassed! has this happened to anyone else? Tampon stuck

Dr. Barbara Hummel

In brief: Lost tampon

You are not alone.
When i worked in the emergency room i removed many a lost tampon. I suggest that you see your physician and have it removed as soon as possible because it can be a cause of toxic shock syndrome if left in place too long.

In brief: Lost tampon

You are not alone.
Dr. Barbara Hummel
Dr. Barbara Hummel
Dr. Maureen Mays
I agree - I've had to "go find" a lot of them - condoms too! Get in right away - nothing good will come from waiting.

In brief: This can happen.

1st, wash hands w soap & water. Clean under fingernails as well.
2nd, make sure you don’t have long nails. 3rd, sit on toilet & gently bear down, just like you would if your were about to have a bowel movement. This pressure can help to push tampon down. 4th,gently place finger in your vagina to feel for tampon. You can bear down while you are doing this. Sweep finger gently through vagina. If

In brief: This can happen.

Dr. Dennis Higginbotham