I'm having issues describing neuropathy to a teacher?

What are you saying. Neuropathy refers to damage to nerves and in the case of peripheral neuropathy nerve of the peripheral nervous system. This may be caused either by diseases of or trauma to the nerve or the side-effects of systemic illness. There are central neuropathies also which can be related to the damage to the nerves of the central nervous system. Are you saying this to the teacher?
Hypersensitive nerve. Neuropathy causes nerve hypersensitivity which results in abnormal sensation and pain. The hypersensitivity can be caused by numerous different things, but is usually the result of damage to the nerve. Neuropathy can also be caused by hypersensitivity in the brain to incoming signals. There are treatments that can lessen the symptoms of neuropathy-see your doctor or a neurologist.