I need guidance with my mental health but live in small town and don't know wher to go?

Dr. Arlene Gerson
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Several suggestions

I know first hand how difficult it can be to find guidance about mental health concerns in a small town.
Your medical doctor can give you some suggestions of where to find help. Also you could call the nami chapter in your state for resources (www.Nami.Org). Another place to contact is the psychological association in your state (ohio psychological association, texas psychological association ).

In brief: Several suggestions

Dr. Arlene Gerson
Dr. Arlene Gerson
Dr. Ana Adelstein
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Telepsychology?

Psychologists/psychiatrists licensed to practice in your state are able to work with you using video-conferencing through an internet connection.
It might be worth searching for someone. Referral directories like psychology today's can help you find someone. But do make sure that the technology the clinician uses guarantees your privacy. Make sure it's compliant w hipaa/hitech laws.

In brief: Telepsychology?

Dr. Ana Adelstein
Dr. Ana Adelstein
Dr. John Moranville

In brief: Ask your doctor

Ask your primary care doctor for a referral to a psychiatrist.

In brief: Ask your doctor

Dr. John Moranville
Dr. John Moranville
Dr. Peter Kurzweil