I have a loud snoring every night, I failed sleep apnea test! what is the medicine?

Dr. Carlo Hatem
Internal Medicine - Pulmonary Critical Care
In brief: CPAP
You are describing a diagnosis of sleep apnea.
Snoring is a sign that your airways are collapsing when you go to sleep, so you cannot get air to your lungs even when you try. The best fix is to apply pressure thru a mask, to keep the airways open so you can breathe. This is called cpap. Weight loss, oral appliances, and surgery are adjunctive options.

In brief: CPAP
Dr. Carlo Hatem
Dr. Carlo Hatem
3 comments
Dr. John Cheng
Working with a good sleep medicine physician and getting the right mask and equipment helps the transition of using cpap more tolerable and can make the world of difference in terms of your fatigue and snoring.
Dr. Michael Benjamin
I think the questioner is hoping there is a way to solve sleep apnea with a pill, but I'm afraid a mask or surgery are the best options. I have had patients try the oral or nasal appliances with limited benefit.
Dr. David Astrachan
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery
In brief: No medicine
There is no medicine that's going to help this problem. You need to talk with your doctor about treating the sleep apnea.
The best treatment option to start with is cpap.

In brief: No medicine
Dr. David Astrachan
Dr. David Astrachan
Dr. Eric Weisman