If I found marijuana in my teen's room, could they be addicted to other things as well?

Dr. Jeff Blixt
Addiction Medicine

Of course they could, or just marijuana.
Have you talked to them yet? Very important to do. You may get an honest answer or if they are addicted you may not. What's your tolerance level. You could request a urine drug screen from them. You and/or them could talk to a doctor or other professional. Hard things to do but in my opinion very important. Seek support, dialog is very important.

Dr. Jeff Blixt
Dr. Jeff Blixt
Dr. Alan Wartenberg
Addiction Medicine

In brief: Yes or no

First, you don't know that anybody is addicted to anything.
The majority of teens will smoke marijuana during their adolescence, and for most it is an occasional thing. It says you are 23 years old, so i don't know how you have a teen. However, this is the time (past time, truly) to have a talk about alcohol and drugs with your kids. If you are concerned, have a talk with counselor with experience.

In brief: Yes or no

Dr. Alan Wartenberg
Dr. Alan Wartenberg
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham