I fractured the heel of my foot and was repaired with hardware. Can I dance?

Dr. Oliver Wang
Podiatry
In brief: Yes if
Yes as long as fracture was repaired in good alignment.
If the subtalar joint which is above heel is not restored than arthritis can cause the joint to become stiff and painful which may limit dancing.

In brief: Yes if
Dr. Oliver Wang
Dr. Oliver Wang
Dr. Ellen Wenzel
Podiatry
In brief: Talk to your Surgeon
Depending on when your surgery was and the type of procedure done it may or may not be time to progress to full activity.
Talk to your surgeon for a clearer picture.

In brief: Talk to your Surgeon
Dr. Ellen Wenzel
Dr. Ellen Wenzel
In brief: Ask your surgeon
Once a fracture has adequately healed.
Most patients can resume full activity w/o any complications. If the hardware causes any pain after healing it is sometimes removed. Hardware that is not causing any pain can remain in for a lifetime.

In brief: Ask your surgeon
Once a fracture has adequately healed.
Dr. Angelo Mitsos
Dr. Angelo Mitsos
Dr. William Forsythe