I don't have a irregular heart beat but it feels like it skips a beat?

Palpitations. Palpitations often feel like a skipped beat. Usually its an early beat. If its from the top of heart its called a premature atrial contraction and when from the bottom of heart a premature ventricular contraction.The early beat causes a short pause as the heart "resets" the rythm and the following beat is a bit more accentuated than a normal beat. This is what most people feel. Chk w/ur dr for w/u.
This is quite common. Many people feel having skipped or extra beats here and there. If it is once in awhile and you have no symptoms such as dizziness, chest pain, shortnes of breath, leg swelling etc...I would not worry too much. If you have symptoms, then consult your doc. The heart is amazing! it works 24/7, 7days/wk, 365d/year.Never takes a vaccation. When it does, u r in trouble. So, stay healthy. Good luck.