How will I feel when I start on my methadone?

Dr. Richard Rosenthal
Pain Management

In brief: Tired

Methadone may cause a feeling of fatigue or being tired especially when first starting the drug.
This usually goes away with time as the body becomes accustomed to the drug.

In brief: Tired

Dr. Richard Rosenthal
Dr. Richard Rosenthal
Dr. John Moseri
Addiction Medicine

In brief: Methadone treatment

The hangovers from pain pills and heroin abuse will stop when you switch to methadone.
You will no longer have cravings for opiate drugs. You are able to function in other important roles of your life: work, family and social obligations. You are least likely to get into legal troubles, and you are more likely to have some extra money in your wallet to take your loved ones out to eat.

In brief: Methadone treatment

Dr. John Moseri
Dr. John Moseri
Dr. Vikram Patel