I had a blood test..Hsv 1 IgG type specific.. Results 4.65 (0.00- 0.90 index)h..What does mean. Do I have an std?

Dr. Hunter Handsfield
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease

In brief: Welcome to the club!

Roughly half of all adults in the US have positive blood tests for HSV1 -- up to 70% at your age of 67.
So welcome to a club with 150 million members! Most of these infections are oral, although some are genital. The majority are asymptomatic and remain that way, but many have recurrent oral herpes (cold sores, fever blisters). Without symptoms, HSV1 is rarely transmitted to other persons.

In brief: Welcome to the club!

Dr. Hunter Handsfield
Dr. Hunter Handsfield
Dr. Louis Sussman
Pathology

In brief: Most likely not

Hsv type 1 most commonly causes oral herpes ("cold sores") and only rarely causes genital disease.
Oral herpes is extremely common, and since anyone who ever had it will be igg positive for life, igg positivity is extremely common.

In brief: Most likely not

Dr. Louis Sussman
Dr. Louis Sussman
Dr. Adam Levy