How to deal with schizophrenia in a positive way?

Dr. Kevin Passer
Pediatrics - Psychiatry
In brief: Adhere to treatment
The most positive thing, in my mind, that a person with schizophrenia can do is to stay on the treatment.
One can live a normal life with schizophrenia. You must not stop your medication when you feel better and no longer think you need it. I think it would be a very positive thing to accept this idea, and then move on.

In brief: Adhere to treatment
Dr. Kevin Passer
Dr. Kevin Passer
Dr. Joel Feiner
In brief: Excellent Question
There are a number of important steps.
Learn all you can about the condition and make sure loved ones do. Try to find a program that provides psychiatric rehabilitation i.e. Training in areas that are nt working so well for you, e.g.Work, school, relationships. Have professional who respects your goals. Find nami group. Stay on meds unless discussing it with M.D.

In brief: Excellent Question
There are a number of important steps.
Dr. Joel Feiner
Dr. Joel Feiner
Dr. Eric Weisman