How often should we urinate if stress incontinence?

In brief: Timed voiding
Changes in behavior can sometimes improve urinary incontinence.
By voiding at "scheduled" times throughout the day, some individuals with incontinence may see an improvement. Typically, you should void 5-7 times per day (or every 2-3 hours). The idea is if the bladder remains empty then the chance of having incontinence is much less.

In brief: Timed voiding
Dr. Matthew Thom
Dr. Matthew Thom
Dr. Barbara Hummel
In brief: Stress incontinence
I generally recommend that my patients start by urinating every hour and gradually increase the time until you notice a problem but never longer than every 2 hours during the day.
I also recommend poise pads or depends to prevent embarassing accidents. There are some medications that can help but you need to discuss them with your doctor to see if you would be a candidate for them.

In brief: Stress incontinence
Dr. Barbara Hummel
Dr. Barbara Hummel
Dr. Jane Van Dis