He snores so loud I can't sleep. I want to sleep in guest room. Is it ok?

Dr. Ruchir Patel
Internal Medicine - Sleep Medicine
In brief: Sleep apnea
If your bed partner snores that loudly then there is a high probability that he has underlying sleep apnea.
Approximately 65-75% of individuals that snore actually have some level of sleep apnea. As a result of the increased risk of cardiovascular disease associated with sleep apnea it is something that he should be evaluated for. Successful treatment of osa with CPAP will also treat snoring.

In brief: Sleep apnea
Dr. Ruchir Patel
Dr. Ruchir Patel
Dr. Hesham Hassaballa
Internal Medicine - Pulmonary Critical Care
In brief: This is common
It is quite common for the bed partner of a snorer to sleep in a different room. But, this may be disrupting to a relationship.
The best thing is to get your bed partner into a doctor for treatment. If he has untreated sleep apnea, it can be quite harmful to his health.

In brief: This is common
Dr. Hesham Hassaballa
Dr. Hesham Hassaballa
Dr. Peter Hahn
In brief: Recommend testing
Although not every snorer has osa and not every patient with osa snores, loud snoring is a significant risk factor for obstructive sleep apnea.
I would recommend that he see a sleep specialist for testing. Even if he does not have osa, they can recommend options for the loud snoring.

In brief: Recommend testing
Dr. Peter Hahn
Dr. Peter Hahn
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology