Is it best to see a cardiologist or internist for annual exam if the main risk is heart disease in the family?

Dr. Mary Callahan
Internal Medicine - Cardiology
In brief: Annual exam
It is best to see an internist for an annual physical exam and see a cardiologist if you have a heart problem.

In brief: Annual exam
Dr. Mary Callahan
Dr. Mary Callahan
Dr. Michael Borookhim
In brief: I am biased but
It's always better to have an internist for your complete physical.
If your internist feels you are at risk for heart disease they can arrange for a stress test for you either in their office or at your local hospital. Also internists are not usually as biased in ordering unnecessary tests. If you go the cardiologist he is more likely to order a test you don't need as he has it in his office.

In brief: I am biased but
Dr. Michael Borookhim
Dr. Michael Borookhim
Dr. Steven Seres