I recently had a myomectomy but my fibroids are still bothering me - can I get this treatment?

Dr. John Lipman
Radiology

In brief: Need better option

You could repeat myomectomy but this would not be the best option.
The fact that it failed so soon after the surgery suggests that there are a lot more fibroids in the uterus then could be removed. Uterine fibroid embolization (ufe) is a non-surgical procedure performed by interventional radiologists that treats all of the fibroids in the uterus (much less likey to recur than myomectomy).

In brief: Need better option

Dr. John Lipman
Dr. John Lipman
Dr. Denise Elser
Gynecology

In brief: Depends on goals

If you want to preserve ability to have children: then myomectomy or temporary control of fibroid growth with hormonal contraceptives is a possibility.
If you definitely do not have plans for future childbearing, then: uterine fibroid embolization, or hysterectomy are viable treatments. Hysterectomy usually can be performed vaginally or laparoscopically.

In brief: Depends on goals

Dr. Denise Elser
Dr. Denise Elser
Dr. Michael Traub
Fertility Medicine

There are different types of myomectomies with different surgical approaches.
The best treatment depends on the size and location of fibroids and your symptoms. Repeated surgeries are very common but should be carefully considered.

Dr. Michael Traub
Dr. Michael Traub
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham