Do you have to be type 1 diabetic to use insulin pump?

No. Type 2 diabetics who are Insulin dependent can be put on the pump as well. Dr kurzweil review: it is true that it may be possible, but unlikely. Type 2 diabetics should be controllable with good persistent medical care--nutritional, weight reduction, medication, exercise, if necessary a long-acting Insulin once daily, perhaps added short acting. A clinical expert endocrinologist could rx c pump.
Not at all. If you need Insulin (which many type 2 diabetics need) then you can be on an Insulin pump. Its a great way to control your diabetics but some times the cost is prohibitive.