What is gamers thumb?

Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: R S I

Gamer’s thumb" refers to a repetitive stress injury (rsi) that causes swelling at the base of the thumb due to overuse of video games.
Rsi is an umbrella term for a collection of disorders most commonly affecting the hands, wrists, forearms, and shoulders, notes miles. She adds that symptoms can range from fatigue and loss of strength to minor or acute aches and pains, burning, and tingling.

In brief: R S I

Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Jeffrey Wint
Surgery - Hand Surgery

In brief: Gamers thumb

Gamers thumb implies soreness from overuse due to video or hand held games.
It can represent a number of disorders that have regular names including tendonitis, ligament issues, joint soreness. It is not a true signal clinical entity but a name applied to several things.

In brief: Gamers thumb

Dr. Jeffrey Wint
Dr. Jeffrey Wint
Dr. Aaron Milstone