Will I get in trouble if I tell a kid his dad will spank him when he gets home and he doesn't want to?

Dr. Michael Amster
In brief: Wrong, many reasons
This needs big help, so we'll start from the beginning.
Spanking is the least effective form of discipline. Your pediatrician can help with time-out techniques. Discipline should be consistent, and immediate. There should be effective discipline delivered now. Transferring the duty to dad means you have no authority. I would work with your doc and break this down to get good effective discipline.

In brief: Wrong, many reasons
Dr. Michael Amster
Dr. Michael Amster
Dr. Johanna Fricke
Spot on! Discipline = teaching, not punishment. Tell your child what behaviors you expect, the immediate rewards for behaviors you want & consequences for non-compliance, then follow through after 1 warning. The way to make a behavior go away is to ignore it; effective use of time-out is 1 method of ignoring. Even more effective is to reward behaviors you want. Spanking teaches that hitting is ok
Dr. Shontae Buffington