Can celiac disease cause thyroid goiter?

Not at all. In CD your body makes antibodies that attack the gut tissue. These antibodies do attack the thyroid & do not cause goiter. The fact that you have CD makes you more prone to quirks in your immune system such as an immune attack on your thyroid gland. People should never self label as CD, but have the tests done and medical follow up because of the added risk of other autoimmune diseases or cancer.
Yes. Celiac disease is an auto-immune condition. In other words, with auto-immune conditions, the body's immune system is responding incorrectly and attacking itself. In the case of celiac disease, the body's immune system is causing intestinal damage. Having celiac disease, will put you at risk of developing others, such as thyroid disease, type 1 diabetes and others. The opposite is also true.