I wanted the ER to call my doctor into the hospital when I was there but he never showed. Why?

Dr. Steven Hill
In brief: Not on call
Physicians can't be on call all the time - it is likely they felt that the issue did not require him/her to be there and it is likely they contacted him or her and gave him information.
Most of the time especially in larger ciites you will be treated by the on call doctor.

In brief: Not on call
Dr. Steven Hill
Dr. Steven Hill
In brief: Two things
Times are changing.
There was a time you could meet your doc in the ER. Now most ERs are staffed physicians who are on contract with the hospital and have first call ( and billing rights) to anyone who shows up. Your doc may not have been called because it was unnecessary or not part of that ERs protocol. S/He may also have not been available.

In brief: Two things
Times are changing.
Dr. Shontae Buffington