What is the link between cervical cancer and birth control pills?

Behavior. People on birth control pills use condoms less and are, therefore, more likely to get a human papilloma virus which can cause cervical cancer. The main cause for cervical cancer is the human papilloma virus.
Minimal. This is a tough question. It was thought before that only one type of cervical cancer (villoglandular) was associated with pills but recent data shows that there is a minimal increase (1:1000) with current use of pills. The link is not clear. Hpv can increase the risk of cervical cancer and the actual link between pills, hpv and cervical cancer is not clear. Tough question to answer in 400 words.