Is there any evidence linking ovarian cancer to hrt?

Yes, ERT does. Unopposed estrogen therapy (ert) does increase the risk of ovarian cancer. The jury is still out on HRT although the women health institute study did find that continuous combined HRT may increase the risk of ovarian cancer slightly. Keep in mind that ovarian cancer is rare, much rarer than breast cancer. See your doc for a frank talk on this.
Link from ACS. Here is a good review from the american cancer society. http://www.cancer.org/cancer/cancercauses/othercarcinogens/medicaltreatments/menopausal-hormone-replacement-therapy-and-cancer-risk.
NO. The risk of uterine cancer makes unopposed estrogen a risk, if you have a uterus, and take estrogen, you must also take a progestin. If you have your ovaries, and not a uterus, you can take estrogen by itself.