Does the estrogen that my physician prescribes increase my chance for breast cancer?

Yes. Studies have shown that prolonged use of estrogen replacement, especially when in combination with progesterone, may increase the risk of breast cancer by as much as 25%. This risk seems to diminish considerably 5-10 years after discontinuing the drug(s).
Depends. It depends on the type of estrogen you are being prescribed and the reason. It also depends on your personal risk factors for breast cancer (family history, etc) birth control pills do not increase one's risk. Hormone replacement for menopause can increase the risk if taken longer than 5 years.