Should a flu shot be taken before or after getting a crown ontooth?

ANY TIME. Crown on tooth will not have any affect when you can have flu shot.Have it before or after, it will be effective either way.
Decay. If you have bad or deep decay and or cracked tooth syndrome and pain, etc. You probably should get crown done, or disease control prior, if you're dentally fine and healthy, no problem getting shot first.
Whenever. I assure you I have done much more demanding things (than getting a crown) before and after my flu shot, and have never had a problem. But if you think you may suffer some minor reaction to the flu shot, do your crown before or two weeks after!