Help, having tingling and numbness in left arm, hand and fingers with swollen fingers 6 weeks after nerve block for shoulder surgery.

Dr. Thea Cross
Neurology

In brief: Needs evaluation

I think your symptoms warrant evaluation with a physical exam and nerve conduction study given how long they have been occurring.

In brief: Needs evaluation

Dr. Thea Cross
Dr. Thea Cross
Dr. Zahid Niazi
Cosmetic Surgery

In brief: ?blocked vein/nerve

As a hand surgeon, I am concerned about the fact that you report swelling of the hand with numbness following surgery on the shoulder. The cause of the swelling has to be identified specifically to rule out clots/blockage of veins in the arm/shoulder area.
You may also need an emg/nct by a neurologist. Talk to your pcp and orthopedic surgeon for evaluation and management.

In brief: ?blocked vein/nerve

Dr. Zahid Niazi
Dr. Zahid Niazi
Dr. Brian Nichol
Anesthesiology

In brief: See neurologist

Nerve damage following nerve block injections is a rare but very possible complication.
Consult a neurologist who will probably perform a nerve conduction study to ascertain the cause of your symptoms and advise you on treatment options.

In brief: See neurologist

Dr. Brian Nichol
Dr. Brian Nichol
Dr. Eric Weisman