Why can acupressure mats cause seizures, which they did for me? I then noticed: "warning: do not use if you are pregnant, have epilepsy, or are using anticoagulants or blood thinning medications."

In brief: What??

Under no circumstances can use of an acupressure mat cause seizure activity, unless you tripped on one and suffered head trauma.
Stop dancing around your problems, see a neurologist asap and get on antiepileptic meds. Are you aware of sudep, a cause of death in your sleep if you have inadequately treated nocturnal seizures?

In brief: What??

In brief: I am just about

Ready to eat my hat.
I had indicated earlier that an acupuncture mat does not cause seizures. I found one site 'heavenly acupressure mats' which stated '”do not use an acupressure mat, or consult with your health care practitioner before using an acupressure mat, if you:….. Suffer from epilepsy”. None of the other sites i reviewed alluded to this. I will try to research this ; get back to you.'.

In brief: I am just about

Ready to eat my hat.
3 comments
I went to a # of sites that listed contraindications for use of acupressure mat - & none (other than above) listed seizures. Acupuressure & acupuncture have historically been used to help tx seizure disorders. I do have an important question for you? Did you stop any seizure medications when you started using alternative forms of tx?
Great questions in your comment.
Dr. Umesh Patel
Board Certified, Preventive Medicine