What is value of school physical?

Protect kid & school. Of the many I have done over the years most have been routine and a chance to catch up on vaccines and review growth and developmental progress. However, I have benched a few for unexpected medical problems including one that had heart surgery within a week. Schools are reluctant to see a kid carted away from class or PE with treatable illness. They must also protect the other kids from contageon.
Sports & vaccines. A school physical examination is mainly to make sure that the student is healthy enough to participate in school sports. As well, the school like to make sure that a student's vaccinations are up to date.
School physical. Some doctors and clinics do that for free. Most health plans cover well child visits as well. Cost varies on where you live. I suspect it could be as little as $40 up to $100. Check first.